Monday, September 1, 2008

It's labor day so it might as well be a Sunday.....

So I rode a motorcycle for the first time EVER last week. I was terrified the entire ride but managed to keep myself balanced so that I didn't skew the dr
iver's balance.
I've since ridden a couple of times, and each time seems to be an easier ride. My max speed is maybe 50mph but when you are not in control, it feels a lot faster. And scarier. The winding curvy roads are the scariest. I've managed though, and each time feels a little bit more comfortable and the scales tips more towards FUN a
nd farther away from FEARFUL.

I was "on call" today for babysitting since I work for a nurse....and she was on call today...and I was doing them a favor. All day, from 9am to 9pm, I carried on business as usual at home but with a certain uneasiness knowing that my phone could ring at anytime and I would have to stop what I was doing and go 'work'. I finally left the house around 7pm to buy the required art supplies(motorcycle trip #4), still worried that I was going to receive that call.
I didn't. The anxiety I held all day, not getting too deep into any
thing or having too good a time (because that of course meant that I would receive the call at.that.time.) it was all for nothing! Go figure...
All in all, it was a good day.
And this is my newest neighbor:

It's really not shiny. Every night it spins a web between the porch post and the tree. Every morning it is gone. It's huge, as most of the spiders I see here are.
Tomorrow is a school day and brings my first spanish vocabulary quiz. I did get to spend a large portion of the day studying so I feel alright about it.
Bed time now---it's late!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

glad you enjoyed the ride yo.

Anonymous said...

What a BIG girl!!!

It's fun isn't it! I do hope you wore long pants and shoes and NOT shorts and sandals. That's what I do when I ride. Better to be safe than sorry, some protection is better than none.

I'm sure you aced your test and your new guest I'm surprised you allow it to stay. You were always afraid of spiders, great picture though.

Love ya